MaestroReviews

Deb and I are artists, painters actually. We go see films as often as once a week. That's right, we go to the theater and sit in a dark room with strangers to see movies. We rarely rent. We like "little" movies, foreign and documentary films. We try to stay away from mainstream and blockbusters whenever possible, but a couple sneak in each year. We seek out the obscure. We try to avoid violent movies, and that really limits our choices, most film makers seem to think violence makes a story interesting.
I try not to give anything away in the reviews, but offer an honest reaction.
We rate them 1~10, 10 being highest.

Monday, September 1, 2014

The 100 Foot Journey

Deb 9    Me 8

Oh I dreaded having to see this one. I'm so burnt out on all this Baliwood kind 'o stuff. I know the English have some fascination with India but I don't. It's one of the few places on my list to avoid (which is probably true with a lot of people), hence all this "once you get past the rampant monkey shit and selling children as prostitutes stuff" there's a real charm and dignity in India. 
So this movie is different. It's not in England or India, but in France. It starts out spelling out the background and moves in exciting ways that threw me off balance, not knowing what to expect in the rest of the movie and what unfolded was a pretty neat little story, not at all what I  figured. There are holes and weirdnesses and a few odds and ends that maybe don't add up. There were several places where I thought the movie would end, but it didn't, so the 122 minute running time seemed like a long time, but it was a nice way to spend the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment