MaestroReviews

Deb and I are artists, painters actually. We go see films as often as once a week. That's right, we go to the theater and sit in a dark room with strangers to see movies. We rarely rent. We like "little" movies, foreign and documentary films. We try to stay away from mainstream and blockbusters whenever possible, but a couple sneak in each year. We seek out the obscure. We try to avoid violent movies, and that really limits our choices, most film makers seem to think violence makes a story interesting.
I try not to give anything away in the reviews, but offer an honest reaction.
We rate them 1~10, 10 being highest.

Monday, August 25, 2014

The Trip to Italy

Deb 3    Me 1

After fifteen minutes I was looking for a way out of the theater, hoping for an earthquake or something. I had trouble understanding what they were saying and when I could understand them I found they were referring to something i know nothing about. These are my problems. The movies problems were much simpler. It is billed as a comedy and they weren't funny. They are in Italy but it didn't really matter, we didn't see much of it, could've been done in front of a blue screen. It just wasn't anything. There were a couple funny lines and some of the cutaways to food preparation were great, but they couldn't mask the inane ongoing meaningless trite commentary of two boring buffoons. Maybe not the worst film I've ever seen, but in the bottom five. Three. Maybe second worse film ever behind Movie 43 or Prince Avalanche. We're talking boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment