MaestroReviews

Deb and I are artists, painters actually. We go see films as often as once a week. That's right, we go to the theater and sit in a dark room with strangers to see movies. We rarely rent. We like "little" movies, foreign and documentary films. We try to stay away from mainstream and blockbusters whenever possible, but a couple sneak in each year. We seek out the obscure. We try to avoid violent movies, and that really limits our choices, most film makers seem to think violence makes a story interesting.
I try not to give anything away in the reviews, but offer an honest reaction.
We rate them 1~10, 10 being highest.

Friday, March 28, 2014

American Hustle

Deb 10    Me 5

I don't know why these things bore me. I get lost in the sets and action and my mind wanders. Its been a little while since we saw it and I couldn't tell you what its about. Couldn't tell you when I left the theater either. Now, Deb loved it. She actually watched it and followed along as the story unfolded and this brought her great joy and appreciation for the film maker's talents. I was thinking about monkey bones in Beatles songs or something. Opportunity missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment