MaestroReviews

Deb and I are artists, painters actually. We go see films as often as once a week. That's right, we go to the theater and sit in a dark room with strangers to see movies. We rarely rent. We like "little" movies, foreign and documentary films. We try to stay away from mainstream and blockbusters whenever possible, but a couple sneak in each year. We seek out the obscure. We try to avoid violent movies, and that really limits our choices, most film makers seem to think violence makes a story interesting.
I try not to give anything away in the reviews, but offer an honest reaction.
We rate them 1~10, 10 being highest.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Now You See Me

Deb 10   Me 6

This is a smart movie featuring the art of illusion but includes several interesting themes. Since I'm reluctant to give away any spoilers I'll talk about other elements like the cast. Woody Harrelson is his usual treat, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine add credibility. Mark Ruffalo's look is at best Peter Falk and at worse Burt Reynolds, but does a fine acting job. Most of the others are strangers to me except Jesse Eisenberg who starred in The Social Network. Now this shows what a sap I am; I so despised the character he played in that movie that it taints my opinion of him instead of the role he played, so it distracted me from enjoying what was a pretty great little movie. A movie filled with spectacle, suspense and an interesting story, definitely worth spending an evening with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment