MaestroReviews

Deb and I are artists, painters actually. We go see films as often as once a week. That's right, we go to the theater and sit in a dark room with strangers to see movies. We rarely rent. We like "little" movies, foreign and documentary films. We try to stay away from mainstream and blockbusters whenever possible, but a couple sneak in each year. We seek out the obscure. We try to avoid violent movies, and that really limits our choices, most film makers seem to think violence makes a story interesting.
I try not to give anything away in the reviews, but offer an honest reaction.
We rate them 1~10, 10 being highest.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Life of Pi 2-D


Deb 10    Me 10

Didn’t know much of anything about this and that ignorance made watching the story unfold a true and pleasant wonder. I won’t tell you anything about the movie so you can be as amazed as I was, but I’ll tell you a couple other things. This movie provoked LOTS of conversation. I thought about it for a couple days, still thinking about it in fact. I think I’ll continue thinking about for a while because I like it. I liked most everything about it. Acting was great. The pace, staging, look of the film is all fabulous. And the story, it was a best selling book, but that doesn’t mean much, but the story was Very good and told extremely well. Maybe in a couple months I’ll do an analysis of it, give everyone time to see it fore themselves and then we can talk about it. But check it out.
By the way, I see its offered in 2 and 3D. We saw it in 2D and could tell there were a few gratuitous shots for effect, but they were minimal and didn’t cheapen the production at all. I might see it again, this time in 3D for comparison. A nice movie despite all the advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment