MaestroReviews

Deb and I are artists, painters actually. We go see films as often as once a week. That's right, we go to the theater and sit in a dark room with strangers to see movies. We rarely rent. We like "little" movies, foreign and documentary films. We try to stay away from mainstream and blockbusters whenever possible, but a couple sneak in each year. We seek out the obscure. We try to avoid violent movies, and that really limits our choices, most film makers seem to think violence makes a story interesting.
I try not to give anything away in the reviews, but offer an honest reaction.
We rate them 1~10, 10 being highest.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Magic In The Moonlight

Deb 9   Me 10

This is THE BEST Woody Allen movie I have seen since he made Woody Allen movies. Whoever made this did a great job. I dug the Midnight In Paris movie largely because of all the art references, but this is a story driven movie that digs right in and doesn't let up until resolution. I loved the way it unfolded, everything about it was just right in (the old Alfa 1500 was nice too). The star is Colin Firth and he just rocks. The other people do a fine job too, he's the only one I've heard of though. I really enjoyed this thing from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment