MaestroReviews

Deb and I are artists, painters actually. We go see films as often as once a week. That's right, we go to the theater and sit in a dark room with strangers to see movies. We rarely rent. We like "little" movies, foreign and documentary films. We try to stay away from mainstream and blockbusters whenever possible, but a couple sneak in each year. We seek out the obscure. We try to avoid violent movies, and that really limits our choices, most film makers seem to think violence makes a story interesting.
I try not to give anything away in the reviews, but offer an honest reaction.
We rate them 1~10, 10 being highest.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Crazy Stupid Love

Deb 7 Me 7

So this was a movie on convenience, the time worked into our schedule. This was my first Steve Carrell movie, I’ve avoided them thinking they would all be silly (and perhaps they are). I usually avoid movies with TV stars in them, the crossover is seldom rewarding. Travolta, Hanks and Depp have all gained credibility on the big screen, and maybe Steve will too, and this might help. I do watch The Office due in large part to his character, which is pretty much the same guy as in this movie. What surprised me was this was an actual movie, I expected a list of running gags and simple minded one liners. My own prejudice shows again.

But I gotta tell you, this was a pretty nice movie and explored a part of puppy love and teen angst and it’s aftermath in a way I don’t remember seeing before. I actually like the movie and hesitated to rate it all, having to admit I saw it being the central issue. I saw it, liked it and don’t think you’d go too far wrong seeing it either. As long as it fits in your schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment